Sunday, October 5, 2008

You can run but you can't hide...


There is an unmistakable chill in the air in New York, which means soon I will need to buckle down and buy an actual jacket instead of throwing on my trusty black grandpa cardigan all the time. Buying a winter jacket is always tricky. I've tried going the cheap route (H&Ms winter coats are so damn cute) but inevitably I just freeze under a super trendy, paper-thin jacket. I've been looking for substantial coats and trying to keep the price around $100, which can be tough. I like this one from Gap and I have a pair of long gloves that I can wear with it from last season. I love the mustard yellow of this one, and this one from ModCloth is very Jackie O. This military-inspired peacoat from Delias is also surprisingly sophisticated. And for fun, I've been imagining myself rocking this vintage tweed number with a massive fox fur collar. So many choices!

No comments: